Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Big Four-O

I knew turning 40 wasn't going to be easy, so I thought I would soften the blow by doing it in Kauai:) Excellent idea!!!!! We spent a glorious week exploring the beautiful island and relaxing on the beach. It was a little rainy (we "chased" the sun around the island a few days), but it was warm. Bubba took me to dinner on the night of my birthday to "Tidepools" at the Grand Hyatt resort in Poipu. The service from the staff was the best I have ever experienced, the food was incredible and we had the best corner table in the open-air restaurant that was so close to the water of the koi pond surrounding the building, we could feed the fish from where we sat! I honestly don't think we could have found a better spot. I wish I could spend every birthday there....hint, hint;)

No comments: